Wednesday, January 25, 2006

1/4 Century Mark

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about my life, and where I want it to go, as well as where it should be. I had set some life goals for myself to meet by the time I was 30 when I was 17/18. However, quite a few of those goals were unrealistic. One of my goals was to have all of my kids by the time I reach 30. Now that is a joke. I am approaching 25 in a few weeks, and there is just no way I am ready for a kid, much less "kids". My mom had me when she was 23, however, it was a different time then, and 23 in 1980/81 is today's 33. Now the problem I am having is this...I do not want to be 45 when my kids are 10. I want to be that "young and hip" mom. But really and truly, I just do not see myself having kids in the next 5 years. There is so much that I want to do before I have kids, like travel, make some money, and of course, party. Is that selfish? I think not. Anyways they say 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30. So I guess that makes me soon to be "15". That does not sound too good, but hell, you get my drift.

The problems of a woman in her mid 20's.

2 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

LMAO.

Girl...that reality hit me a couple of weeks ago. Diana and I were trying to figure out how I could have all 5 of my kids before I turn 35. The only solution is to have one or two while I'm working on my doctorate and push them suckas out every two years beginning in '07. Clearly...I'mma have to restrategize. I think we're all having that quarter-century re-evaluation.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Lady D said...

Amen to the entry!!!! Though a limited number people have set these goals and realized them the majority of us haven't and that's ok. You're not selfish. Better to accomplish thigs now then when you have your kids. When you have them you are no longer number one they are! As we all approach the quarter life we need to rely on each other before we go wacko!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Powered by Blogger