Monday, October 10, 2005

Nobody's Friend

My name is Gossip.
I have no respect for justice.
I maim without killing.
I break hearts and ruin lives.
I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.
The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.
My Victims are helpless.

They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.
To track me down is impossible.
The harder you try, the more elusive I become.
I am nobody's friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.
I topple governments and wreck marriages.
I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heart-aches and indigestion.
I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
Even my name hisses...I am called Gossip.
I make headlines and headaches.
Before you repeat my story, ask yourself: Is it true? Is it harmless? Is it necessary? If it isn't, don't repeat it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marc M said...

In prep school and high school I thought gossip to be one of those childish things that we just kinda grow out of. How wrong I was...

1:44 PM  
Blogger Lady D said...

I like that. I will reflect on this.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Powered by Blogger