Sunday, October 02, 2005

Home is Calling

I wonder whether anyone else is currently going through this same thing....I want to go home so bad, even if it is just for a weekend. However, I am sooooooo broke, so it is not even in the cards for me right now. That however, does not stop me from going on Air Jamaica's website and checking out the fares. I check the specials almost everyday. As of today I could get a ticket from Miami to Norman Manley for $178 (pre tax and return to US by Nov 12). Problems with that are: 1) I am not in Miami, but Southern Cali and 2) I REALLY want to go home for X-mas. The tickets from Cali to Kingston for X-mas are like $800 US; but that does not discourage me from looking. Although, unless the special says FREE, I still can't afford it. The decision making life of an adult.
YOW DIS YE ADULT TING FI DI BIRD DEM...IT NAH GO MEK IT.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Interesting previous comment. Makes me wish I was in the States, because I could use a few extra dollars myself. Anyways, I was also going to suggest that you do a likkle ting on the side and earn the dollars to buy the ticket. I want to go to Yard soon myself. Now to find sup'm fi do... ahhh bwoy....

6:56 AM  
Blogger Jdid said...

I going through the same thing with wanting to head back to Barbados so I really feel you on this one

12:45 AM  
Blogger Marc M said...

Price wise Air Jamaica losing to the competition. You could probably shave off like $300 if you bought a ticket on Orbitz or Travelocity.

I miss home pon the regular but it will never be the same again. So many of my friends are scattered all over. Even though that won't stop me from reaching this X-mas. I already have my ticket but if I had to I'd hike on foot to Florida.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Rev Island said...

Tek de bus to Miami, love. Or rent a car. Or check Spirit Airlines or one of those other country bus in the sky airlines. You are almost a lawyer. Don't worry, when you do become a lawyer, just do you best and consider carefully what you will do. (Unlike the knee-jerk decisions I have made legal career wise).

8:58 PM  
Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

Home is where the heart is..

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi...:) you don't know me but i know your cousin damanimichael and he showed me ur page. i'm in southern california right now too.. moving to florida for a job soon though..in 2 weeks. however i read ur comment on flights. it can be hell to go home yes, especially on my poor pocket..i usually buy my tickets a long time in advance though..and i love jamaica yes, but air jamaica is EXPENSIVE...i'll put aside patriotism for a while and leave the love bird prices in favour of us airways ,united or american airlines..those are cheap and just recently i was lookin at tickets for my brother as he will still be living here and spirit airlines is much cheaper than the others....

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lady D said...

Damn I can relate. I am in Tampa and I am broke and I hate it here. I just want to go to Miami to see my friends and family.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Powered by Blogger