Thursday, April 21, 2005

Have I Missed the Best Days of My Life?

Well, I have enjoyed my day off, commemorating the fact that my law school classes are now officially over. However, my day off is over and the hell has begun. The hell we call finals, and then later down the road, the hell we call "THE BAR".

I need a vacation...but can't get one till August; shit, I may not even be able to get one then. Is this the real world? Is this what I waited 24 years to experience? Have the best days of my life just passed? If so, this sucks!!!! What happened to my years of carefree behavior? Are they now all gone? Can I go back and reclaim a few moments?

You know life is so funny. When I was in high school all I wanted to do was get out and go to college, but once I was in college, I realized what a blast I had in high school. What other stage in your life can you have no responsibilities and time to just play? Then in college, I just dreamed of graduation, but once I was in law school, all I could think about was what a great time I had in college. Then I reached law school, which by the way, I currently feel was not the most fun I have had. But my question is, if I felt this way about high school and college (both to a much lesser extent), then am I going to look back at my law school experience as a "wonderful" time once I start working? And if this is a trend, do I have to wait till I retire to realize how great work was, or will that always suck? Haha, I think that will always suck.

By the way, I have seen some stylistically creative blogs, but I can't seem to figure out how to change mine at all. So if anyone can tell me how to get rid of those "edit-me" links on the side of my page, I would greatly appreciate it.

3 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

LOL...Dina had the "edit me" issue also...
In your template...you need to scroll down and there's an area that says Links (it should be after the archive code). You can edit them there.

6:11 AM  
Blogger NeenaLove said...

stumbled onto your blog... i enjoy reading it.

isn't always that way with stages of our life?? we long for what USED TO BE....

5:15 AM  
Blogger Lady D said...

Loved the entry Nandi. I was dying of laughter. I feel you. I don't think I can look at grad school as a great time. I am miserable and I try to squeeze a social life between clinic and classes.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Powered by Blogger