Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Pontiff's Funeral

So this is my first "blog". Haven't gotten use to the idea of publishing my thoughts for everyone to view, but I am curious to see the responses that I may get from them. Well today was the funeral of Pope John Paul II. I am not a "religious" person, but I find that as I get older I am becoming a "spiritual" person. For example, the Pope's funeral occurred at 4AM my time, I did not set an alarm or anything like that, but I woke up right when it stated, so I watched it. I must say, I was floored by the Gregorian Chanting and songs from the Sistine Chapel choir. It was amazing. And the mass of people that congregated around the world for the funeral was incredible. One thing is for sure, I may not be a roman catholic, but this morning I did feel something. A part of me would like to think that it was my humanity, but there is the other side that questions my "logical" thinking. Growth--it is something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady D said...

Welcome to the blog world! You will become more comfortable with blogging as you do it more. I was nervous at first and now I just can't stop blabbing. I was in my 3rd dream the funeral and maybe I should have watched it. I might never get to see that again. I am not Catholic either, but I saw him as a religious figure who brought people together.

11:14 PM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

I second Diana's sentiments...blogging is one of the most cathartic things in the world...
I am Roman Catholic...and the pope was a great man because it didn't preach to religion, but to the love of mankind and the love of Christ.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Powered by Blogger