Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Poem to My Friend

When I shed my tears,
It's not for fear,
But the absence of a friend.

I know he's there,
Although not here,
But it seems the pain won't end.

Over the course of months,
I have tried to heal,
This hole that's in my heart.

This emptiness,
This sadness,
Does not let me understand why we were forced to part.

I miss you my dear,
A friendship so rare,
God only knows what we had was real.

Oh Jamie, my friend,
This can't be the end,
Because I see you in my dreams.

But the smell of the morning always wakes me,
To the point that I am forced to see,
That my friend, my dear was taken from me,
And I must begin to heal.

But no worries my friend,
We will meet again,
And rekindle what we had.

Till then my friend,
I won't think of the end,
But reminise on the times we had.

6 Comments:

Blogger damanimichael said...

speechless... perfectly said... moved to tears...

11:53 PM  
Blogger Walt said...

I haven't been on the blog in a while, sorry about your loss.

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nandi
Just moved to Jamaica You seem as if You're really a good representation of your country..I like that in addition to you being a very very attractive young lady.
Do you have a boyfriend by any chance? and do you plan on coming back to Jamaica in the near future? How about returning for vacation on holidays such as christmas?Well so far I'm really loving Jamaica big up all JAMAICANS!!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Marc M said...

What a special friend Jamie must have been. I wanted to say something to comfort you, but after reading your poem I sat for 5 minutes and couldn't think of a thing.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Rev Island said...

A lawyer and a poet? Well, a potent combination.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nandi....it;s so funny how i came across your blog ....i was just being idle and googled my name and actually found results.i saw my name in a news article about jamie. then i decided to google jamie's name and several results come up and i saw yours and decided to read it. I love it.....it's very touching and moving...... i am sure he would love it too......

tiffylue

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Powered by Blogger