Friday, February 24, 2006

This Aint Oprah's Book Club, Part V

Ladies and Gentlemen I have just completed Confessions of a Video Vixen, by Karrine Steffens. This book definitely WAS NOT and WILL NOT ever be a part of Oprah's Book Club, but it was a very interesting read. The stories that make up this "memoir" are quite unimaginable for someone like myself who's romantic life has been fairly "by the book".

The book begins with Karrine (or Yizette as she was commonly know as for many years in both the hip hop circuit and stripping arena) telling the reader about her childhood, which was marred by abuse and rape. She discusses her abusive common law marriage with Kool G Rap and then transitions to her life in Los Angeles, California. It is when she moves to LA that her sexual escapades and prowess takes form. All I can say is "WOW". This chic here...Let me just tell you this, she has been with the likes of everyone. If you can think of the name, chances are...she's been there...

However, my feelings for Karrine flip-flopped throughout the read. Sometimes I felt sorry for her, as her past is what drove her to such slack behavior, and at others I was like..."DIS 'ERE BITCH IS A HOE". But guess what, this book has definitely made her some money...and for that I 'aint mad. She was smart and capitalized on her story. This book is a New York Times Best Seller and is quite entertaining to say the least. My suggestion, if you want to laugh or just say "HOLY SHIT"...pick this book up. Its a quick read...I did it in 2 days (could have done it in 1, but a girl's gotta work...because unlike Karrine I don't use my body to get ahead...just my mind).

On a scale of 1-5 (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest), I give this book a 2.5. Now you probably wonder why I scored this book so low...Well it really has NO literary content. It was like reading US Weekly or InStyle...but it was funny.

Again, all I can say is...WOW!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

LMAO @ "Dis 'ere bitch is a hoe"...LMAO

9:49 AM  
Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

yeah.. the book was actually quite the yawner.. I expected more

8:44 PM  
Blogger Lady D said...

Where are you???

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Powered by Blogger